Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AGT 21's hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member glittergirl08's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I heard AGT 21 (light skin,curly short blond hair, hazel eyes) has a permanent part in her hair because of the pigtails she comes in. Well, I was wondering if I wet her hair and combed it straight, would the part still be there when it dries? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member denim_fairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have one (although I think she's adorable) but I'm sure someone here must have her and can possibly answer your question. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking at Amanda's hair, the part won't go away. There's no hair there. And if you wet it, you might lose the curl.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't worry about water hurting the curl. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Wigs are "set" and have what's called a "memory" (scary music playing...imagine hair with a memory! [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] ). Using water helps restore curl in a wig and can make it look better. I would think the AGT wig has memory, though someone else with the doll could help better here.

    However, I have Kit and Josefina whose wigs have skin parts, and the wigs are really made to keep those parts. The wigs are a little different since there is plastic in that section, instead of a fabric wig cap. I would guess the AGT is made the same way, though I don't have that doll. You can brush the hair differently, but it's kind of like a person with a cowlick in that it will want to go back. If the AGT's wig is a skin part, then her hair will mostly fall into the part it's made to fall into.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 08, 2004 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol to the 'hair memory' notion... though I wouldn't mind my hair remembering when it was straightened [img]wink.gif[/img] .

    AGT21's wig is sort of like Molly's- the hair is snipped differently in the back. Even if you combed the hair out, the cut would still be different in the back. This being said, AGT21 can still wear her hair down and it looks just fine... in fact, at AGP they showcase her with her hair down, the curls becoming a flipped out 'do. Quite cute!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have her, and her hair is clipped a little in the back so the wig doesn't show when her hair is in the pigtails. However, her hair still looks good when it's down. You can just comb the hair down over the back of her head and it looks fine - you can't even see the clipped area. It's a little thinner in back than on the sides, but lots of styles still work with it. She is a cutie! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •